5 Ways to Use Farmington-Farmington Hills Patch to Build Your Community
Share events, photos, conversation and announcements with your friends and neighbors.
While we bring you fresh community news every day, Farmington-Farmington Hills Patch provides other ways for you to connect with your friends and neighbors.
Here are five ways you can use Patch to make those connections:
1. Join us! Becoming part of the Farmington-Farmington Hills Patch community is very easy to do. Just visit farmington-mi.patch.com/join, share your name, email address and create a password.
2. Post a comment. Give a virtual pat on the back to a local volunteer or business owner we profiled. Get into a conversation about city or school issues. Once you're signed in to the site, scroll to the bottom of any story, place your cursor inside the comment box and type away. A few tips: Re-read your post before clicking "Submit", and leave the "Send me email updates for this article" box checked, so you can respond to other comments.
3. Share a photo or video. Our Pics & Clips gallery is filled with photos take by people just like you. Just click on the "Upload Photos and Videos" button near the top of the page, find and select a file, then click "Open". Once the file has uploaded, add a caption. If you have a news-related photo, text it to 248-534-2425 or email to email@example.com.
4. Post an event. If you're organizing an event, let everyone know about it. Just go to our Events home page and click on the "Add an Event" button on the right side of the page. Fill in all of the starred areas, including the full address of your venue, then click "Post my event". All event submissions are reviewed before they go live.
5. Blog with Patch. Maybe you're on a mission, like Ken Reynolds. Or you're passionate about your community, like Farmington Mayor Tom Buck. You could be an advocate, like Dick Jaeger. All these folks post regularly in our "Local Voices" section. Click on the "Start a Blog" link on our home page, agree to the Terms, and blog away! (If you need help getting started, contact editor Joni Hubred-Golden, firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-534-2425.