City Updates Farmington Hills Road Projects
Clean-up work has begun in the Holly Hill and Glenbrook subdivision projects.
- September 19, 2012
The City of Farmington Hills yesterday released a road construction update that includes changes to the status of several projects.
Here's the list of on-going projects:
Use an alternate route
14 Mile Road, Haggerty to Drake (City of Farmington Hills)
This project will be open to traffic while under construction. Expect intermittent delays over the next 7-10 days as traffic will be reduced to one lane and under flag control during the final paving operations.
Independence, Middlebelt to Colwell (City of Farmington Hills)
Independence remains open only to local traffic, and all side streets with access to Grand River or Shiawassee will be closed at Independence. Water main work is complete, storm sewer work is substantially complete and construction of the road is underway. Construction is expected to be completed in late fall.
Eight Mile Road, Telegraph in Southfield to Grand River (Michigan Dept. of Transportation - MDOT)
MDOT recently announced that the closure of eastbound Eight Mile Road at Grand River will remain in place until early October. The detour route directs all eastbound motorists to Grand River where they can use the first median turnaround to return to Eight Mile. Much of this project is scheduled for night and weekend work.
Orchard Lake Road, 13 Mile to 14 Mile, Resurfacing (Road Commission for Oakland County - RCOC)
Orchard Lake remains open but is reduced to one lane in each direction. Paving continues throughout this week including work on Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23.
Northwestern Hwy., Orchard Lake Road to Beck in Southfield (MDOT)
Shoulder closures and intermittent lane closures will continue to complete the restoration and clean-up work on this project.
Grand River, Haggerty to Novi Rd. in Novi (RCOC)
All lanes are open, and over the next few weeks, the contractor will be performing irrigation repairs, repairing shoulders, and restoring the final grade with grass or sod.
City subdivision projects
Holly Hill and Glenbrook
Paving has been completed. Crews are working on clean-up and restoration.
Springland and LaMuera
Phase II is underway. Roads will be open during construction but expect daytime closures. Access to properties will be maintained and closures removed at the end of each work day.
- To receive emails about City of Farmington Hills road construction projects, go to fhgov.com, click on "Quick Links" and choose "Mailing Lists/ListServ". Click on "General Construction News Mailing List" and enter your email address.
- For information about MDOT project locations and dates, visit mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/, then click on "Construction Search".
- RCOC project information is available at rcocweb.org, under "Press Releases" and the real time traffic map.
Source: City of Farmington Hills newsletter
See More on Patch
- Farmington, Hills Planning Commissioners Discuss Grand River Ideas Thursday
- Residents Get Close Look at Roundabout Plans in Farmington Hills
- Orchard Lake Roundabout Open House Set March 27 in Farmington Hills
- Downtown Farmington Construction Project Bids Top Budget by $150K
- MDOT 2013 Construction Includes I-696 in Farmington Hills
Most Popular articles
- In Memoriam: This Week's Farmington, Farmington Hills Obituaries
- Bronx Deli Recognized for Great Corned Beef Sandwiches
- Illuminating Concepts Debuts Intellistreets Lights in Farmington Hills
- Husband and Wife Team Bring 'Smart Thinking' Experience to Farmington-Based Business
- Stolen Phone in Farmington Hills? Police Use an App for That