Conquer Fear of Speaking at Farmington Area Toastmasters Groups
If one of your goals for 2013 is to polish your public speaking skills, two local groups can help.
Anxiety about public speaking ranks among the most common fears, but if you're looking to conquer it, several local Toastmasters groups offer training that can help.
One club meets at the Western Wayne Oakland County Association of Realtors on Wednesdays, 9 a.m. The video featured with this article was recorded at a Windbaggers Toastmasters Club meeting; that group meets Thursdays, 6:30 p.m., except the first Thursday of each month. For more information about local clubs, visit the Toastmasters website.
Listen to Windbaggers speaker Jason Rich make the case for rising up against Michigan winter, then check out our list of events happening this week in Farmington and Farmington Hills:
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (through Saturday)
- Farmington Rotary Queen of Hearts Raffle (Thursday)
- Winter Blast at the YMCA (Saturday)
- Old Winery Winter Market (Saturday)
- Flute Choir Concert (Sunday)