Creatures, Characters Win Downtown Farmington Scarecrow Contest
The eighth annual competition's theme was "Remembering the 1950s".
From iconic movie creatures to beloved performers, the winners of the Farmington Downtown Development Authority 8th Annual Scarecrow Contest all went back to the 1950s to find inspiration for their entries.
The judges' choices in each of four categories, announced Monday, are:
- Cat in the Hat (Emily Root)
- Creature from the Black Lagoon (the Goransen family)
- Young Elvis (Marvin Teeples)
- Singing in the Rain (Fran Valleley)
- Howdy Doody (Mayfair Co-Op Preschool)
- TK242 Robot (AREN)
- Rocking out Cancer (American Cancer Society-Relay for Life of Farmington/Farmington Hills)
- Mayfair Co-op Preschool (chosen from votes cast on the C&G Newspapers website)
Entries were on display Saturday in and around the Walter E. Sundquist Farmington Pavilion, as well as in front of participating businesses. Contest judges included 2012 Miss Farmington 2nd runner-up Grace Newlin, 2011 Miss Farmington Elise Newcomer, Kim Riley Fouts and Farmington-Farmington Hills Patch editor Joni Hubred-Golden.
Did you have a photo of your scarecrow contest entry? Share it in our gallery, by clicking on the "Upload Photos and Videos" button. Need help? Read How to Upload a Photo to Patch.