Documentary, Discussion at the Farmington Civic Focus on 'The New Metropolis'
The Multicultural Multiracial Community Council hosts a showing of a movie about the effects of migration from urban areas on communities like Farmington and Farmington Hills.
The effects of urban flight on communities like Farmington and Farmington Hills will be the topic of discussion after the showing of the documentary "The New Metropolis" Thursday, 7 p.m., at the Farmington Civic Theater.
Hosted by the Multicultural Multiracial Community Council, the event includes a panel discussion moderated by local radio show host Frankie Darcell. The two-part documentary illustrates how the economic and social health of communities around the country are affected by migration from center city neighborhoods to the suburbs.
- Vicki Barnett, State Representative, 37th District
- Steve Brock, City Manager, City of Farmington Hills
- Mary Engelman, Executive Director, Greater Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Vince Gregory, State Senator, 14th District
- Dan Krichbaum, Director, Department of Civil Rights
- Jay Marks, School Quality Consultant, Oakland Schools
- Vince Pastue, City Manager, City of Farmington
Admission is free, and popcorn and pop are complimentary. Seating is limited; call 248-871-2500 to RSVP.
Learn more about "The New Metropolis" at thenewmetropolis.com