Farmington Hills-based Buddy's Pizza Offers New Healthy Choices
Gluten-free crust and gourmet toppings are among the restaurant's new options for customers.
Looking for a pizza with no cheese? Need a gluten-free crust?
Buddy's Pizza, headquartered in Farmington Hills, is now serving up more options for customers who are health-conscious, inclined toward more gourmet toppings, or who have food allergies
Owner Robert Jacobs says the demand for healthier options at restaurants has only continued to grow over the years.
“Whether it’s a New Year’s Resolution or dietary need, Buddy’s Pizza aims to fulfill our customers’ requests,” he said. “We are pleased to be able offer a menu full of choices as well as pizzas metro Detroiters love.”
- Buddy's original crust, multi-grain crust or gluten free pizza
- Buddy's original pizza sauce or tomato basil sauce
- Buddy's original Wisconsin brick cheese, the Motor City Pizza Cheese Blend (featuring fontinella, asiago and brick cheeses), or casein-free vegan cheese
- Pizzas made with light or no cheese
Choices in toppings have changed as well:
- Healthier options for any pizza include onions, green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, sliced tomato, olives, spinach, pinapple, mild peppers, carrots, zucchini, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro or basil
- New gourmet toppings include capers, pine nuts, artichoke hearts, roasted tomatos and spinach artichoke blend.
The health-friendly menu isn’t limited to Buddy's famous square pies, either. It includes soups, salads and sandwiches.
“We want our patrons to feel like everything they order at Buddy’s Pizza is made especially for them,” said Jacobs. “With all of our options, guests can have exactly what they crave.”