First Thing Farmington-Farmington Hills: Sept. 13, 2012
Today's video comes via Youtube.com, where a lifelong Farmington resident lobbies to "bring business back" to downtown Farmington.
Start your day with a mini-documentary about downtown Farmington's vacancy rate, as seen through the eyes of a self-described life-long resident, Tristan Lopus.
In addition to his Youtube.com video, Lopus created a "Bringing Business Back to Downtown Farmington" website, bbbfarmington.webs.com, through which he shares suggestions for solving the problem of vacancies and encourages people to visit the businesses that are open in the central business district.
Follow the links below for more information about today's events, and check the list of upcoming events that will require you to register or purchase tickets:
- AAUW Fundraising Garage Sale (9 a.m.)
- Travel Baseball Tryouts (7 p.m. - registration required)
- Who Do You Think You Are? (7 p.m. - registration required)
- Farmington Rotary Queen of Hearts Raffle (9 p.m.)
- Adult Learning Institute (ALI) Registration
- Two Muses Theatre: "A Little Work" - Friday-Sunday
- 3K/5K Race or Walk for Your Health - Saturday
- Fall Outdoor Yoga in Heritage Park - Sunday