First Thing: Farmington Hills Issues Call for New City Hall Art
Works that have been on display for nearly two years will be replaced and new works unveiled in December.
The city is looking for "outdoor and indoor sculpture", two-dimensional works and relief that will be on display for about two years, according to a press release. Artists have until Nov. 2 to submit up to eight pieces. Applications and information are available at the Costick Center, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or at fhgov.com.
It's a busy day in Farmington and Farmington Hills – follow these links for information about today's events, along with a list of events throughout the week for which you'll need to purchase tickets or register:
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Fall Outdoor Yoga in Heritage Park (8 a.m.)
- Fall Color Walk in Heritage Park (4:30 p.m.)
- Walking Photography (registration required-6 p.m.)
- Sun, Water & Seeds 4-H Club (6:30 p.m.)
- Beaumont and Farmington Community Library to present Wednesday Wellness series (registration required-7 p.m.)
- Community for Spiritual Inquiry Meets (7 p.m.)
- The Dixie Swim Club at Farmington Players (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Hayride Central at Heritage Park (Friday - registration not required, but strongly recommended)