First Thing: Will You Make a Difference in Farmington and Farmington Hills?
On Saturday, the Power Upper Elementary Nature Club will celebrate Make a Difference Day by cleaning up gardens. What are you doing on the national day of community service?
Will you make a difference on Saturday?
Sponsored for more than 20 years by USA Today and the Points of Light Foundation, Make a Difference Day bills itself as "the largest national day of community service". Groups and individual volunteers around the country who will participate include the Nature Club at Power Upper Elementary School in Farmington Hills.
Are you volunteering on Saturday? Recruit Patch readers to help, by posting an Announcement.
Our calendar is filled with events this week; follow the links below to learn more about them. We've also included a list of later events that require tickets or registration.
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- City of Farmington Hills Flu Shot Clinic (9 a.m.)
- Farmington Rotary Lunch (11:45 a.m.)
- PUMPKIN PATCH (2 p.m.)
- One Step Aweigh meeting (7 p.m.)
- Backpack Dinner (Wednesday)
- Get Relief from Hip Pain: Lecture at Botsford Hospital (Wednesday)
- For Men: Everything You Need to Know About Prostate Cancer (Wednesday)
- Fall Night Hikes at Heritage Park (registration recommended, space is limited - Wednesday)
- Senior Adult Breakfast (Thursday)
- OCC Pre-Election Party and Dinner (Thursday)
- Healthy Fall Events: Botsford Hospital and Busch's Fresh Food Market Team Up (Thursday)
- The Dixie Swim Club at Farmington Players (Thursday-Sunday)
- "TRUNK or TREAT" a Fundraiser for John Paul Secondary School in Uganda (Friday)
- Pirates and Maidens Party (Friday)