Harrison, with a 6-3 record will play at Fenton (8-1) at 7 p.m. Farmington, also at 6-3, plays at Walled Lake Western (7-2) at the same time, Mlive.com reported Sunday night. The winners of both games will play in the District finals Nov. 2.
According to a press release from the MHSAA, qualifying teams for the playoffs were divided into eight divisions of 32 schools each. Within each division are four regions of eight teams each; and within those regions are two districts of four teams each. Pre-district pairings are based on regular-season computer rankings, with the first-place team in each district hosting the fourth-place team; and the second-place team hosting the third-ranked team.
The weekend of Nov. 2-3 will have district finals in the 11-player playoffs and regional finals in the eight-player playoffs, at the site of the highest-ranked team that was victorious in the previous round of play.
Regional finals in the 11-player playoffs will take place Nov. 9-10, at the site of the highest-ranked team that was victorious in district final play. The eight-player playoff semifinals will take place on Nov. 10 at pre-arranged sites, pairing the winners of region 1 vs. region 2; and the winners of region 3 vs. region 4.
Semifinal games in the 11-player playoffs will take place on Nov. 17, pairing the winners of region 1 vs. region 2; and the winners of region 3 vs. region 4 at pre-arranged sites.
Tickets for single-session pre-district, district and regional games are $5. At regional sites where multiple games are played and a single admission is charged, tickets will be $6. Single-session semifinal tickets are $6. At semifinal sites where multiple games are played and a single admission is charged, tickets are $7.
The eight-player finals will take place at the Superior Dome in Marquette or Greenville High School on Nov. 16 at 7 p.m. Admission is $8.
For the 11-player finals, tickets are $10 per day at Ford Field, allowing a fan to see all four games on a single admission. No in and out privileges are allowed. This is the schedule:
- Division 8: 10 a.m.
- Division 2: 1 p.m.
- Division 6: 4:30 p.m.
- Division 4: 7:30 p.m.
- Division 7: 10 a.m.
- Division 1: 1 p.m.
- Division 5: 4:30 p.m.
- Division 3: 7:30 p.m.
Correction: The headline on this story was changed to reflect the correct playoff matchups.
See More on Patch
- When Do Michigan State and Michigan Play in the NCAA Tournament?
- North Farmington Boys Basketball Ousted in Regional Semifinal
- North Farmington Boys Face South Lyon in Regional Basketball Playoffs
- Harrison Girls Basketball Loses Regional Game at the Buzzer
- Farmington United Gymnastics Competes in Team Finals Friday
Most Popular articles
- Power Outage Affects More Than 1,000 DTE Customers in Farmington Hills
- Farmington Hills-Based ACO Hardware Closing 14 Stores
- Farmington Hills Splash Pad Opens; City Offices Closed on Memorial Day
- Farmington Schools Superintendent Raises School Funding Deal Alarm
- In Memoriam: This Week's Farmington, Farmington Hills Obituaries