Where Can I Get a Flu Shot in Farmington or Farmington Hills?
If you haven't gotten your vaccination, the Center for Disease Control says this may be a good time to do it.
With the flu season fast approaching, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is urging more people to get vaccinated against the virus, USA Today reports.
Last year was a mild flu season, but that's no guarantee this year will be, officials said, and plenty of the vaccine is available. The CDC recommends everyone over the age of 6 months should be vaccinated, particularly people with chronic health conditions, pregnant women, people ages 65 and older and caregivers. A full list of Who Should Get Vaccinated Against Influenza is posted on the CDC website.
In Farmington and Farmington Hills, you can get a vaccination at any of these locations:
- Rite Aid, 35584 Grand River
- Rite Aid, 33330 W. 12 Mile
- Rite Aid, 25922 Middlebelt
- CVS, 23391 Farmington Road
- CVS, 37700 W. 12 Mile
- CVS, 29425 Orchard Lake
- CVS, 22250 Middlebelt
- CVS, 27660 Middlebelt
- Kroger, 37550 W. 12 Mile
- Kroger, 25780 Middlebelt
- Walgreens, 24140 Orchard Lake
- Walgreens, 27750 Grand River
- Passport Health Farmington Hills, 28200 Orchard Lake, Suite 107
- Target Pharmacy, 30020 Grand River
- Sam's Club, 32625 Northwestern Hwy.
(List source: HealthMap Vaccine Finder website)
The Oakland County Health Dept. is also offering a flu shot clinic at the Costick Center on Oct. 23, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.