Will You Buy a New $1 Reusable Plastic Cup at Starbucks? Take Our Poll
The coffee company will begin offering the cups at stores in Farmington and Farmington Hills on Thursday.
Starbucks lovers will have a new way to sip their favorite beverages today, as the coffee company starts offering resuable plastic cups for $1.
According to a Jan. 2 report in the Detroit Free Press, the company aims to reduce the amount of waste produced by its paper and plastic cups. The reusable cups, which are white and bear the company logo, also qualify customers for a 10-cent discount the company already offers.
To counter concerns about cross-contamination, Starbucks will clean the cups with boiling water before each new use, the Free Press reported.
Here's what else is going on in Farmington and Farmington Hills this week:
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (through Saturday)
- Farmington Rotary Queen of Hearts Raffle (Thursday)
- Winter Blast at the YMCA (Saturday)
- Old Winery Winter Market (Saturday)
- Flute Choir Concert (Sunday)