Invite a friend
Congressman Gary Peters Holds Town Hall
U.S. Rep. Gary Peters will host a town hall meeting to hear directly from residents on the issues that matter most to them. Congressman Peters will make brief remarks about his work to strengthen our local economy and then he'll begin taking questions from the audience. The event is open to the public.
More About The Farmington Community Library Main Library
The Farmington Community Library Main Library in Farmington Hills offers a wealth of resources for residents in Farmington and Farmington Hills, both online and at the library. The spacious building houses a collection of more than 272,400 books, 30,000 movies on DVD or videotape and 23,000 audio recordings in various formats. The library subscribes to 614 magazines and newspapers, and patrons can also check out more than 8,000 books in electronic format. Internet access is available through 75 computers, as well as for those who use laptops at study tables. The children's section, in the lower level, has interactive play areas, as well as books, audio and video items. Outreach programs range from visits to 25 area senior centers and nursing homes to services for 40 child care centers. The library's History Collection has extensive local history and genealogical resources, as well as computers for personal research and study. Meeting rooms and an auditorium are available for meetings, presentations and programs. Online resources include digitized and searchable back issues of The Farmington Enterprise and Farmington Observer, an arts calendar, resources for coping during the recession, on-line renewals and reservations.
Other events here
- Cloud Computing Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Memories, Milestones and Memoirs May 7, 2013 / June 4, 2013 / July 2, 2013 / August 6, 2013, 10:30 am
- Google Drive Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Conquering Chaos Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Hooked on Books April 29, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / June 24, 2013 / July 29, 2013, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Wed, Jun 26, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Les Miserables Wed, Jul 24, 6:30 pm–9:00 pm