Invite a friend
Suicide Prevention in LGBT Youth Community Conversation
The Farmington Area Suicide Prevention Task Force will host a Community Conversation focusing on Suicide Prevention in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) youth.
Featured speakers at the Community Conversation will include:
- Naomi Khalil – Director, Instructional Equity, Farmington Public Schools
- Frances Brown, PsyD – Director of Clinical Training, Michigan School of Professional Psychology
- Mike Neubecker – Founder, Downriver Chapter of PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- Dave Garcia – Executive Director, Affirmations
- Youth representatives – Gay/Straight Alliance
The event is targeted at parents, youth (ages 12 to 18), teachers, the faith community, service club members, and others who have regular contact with young people.
More About City of Farmington Hills Municipal Offices
In late fall of 2010, the City of Farmington Hills will unveil its newly renovated city hall, which is built to the environmental and sustainable development standards required for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification at the Gold level. City hall houses the offices of the city clerk, manager, treasurer, zoning and planning, mayor and city council. City Council meetings, as well as Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings, are held in council chambers. City council meetings, other events and activities are broadcast on Channel 8.
Other events here
- One Step Aweigh meetings Weekly on Tuesdays, 7:00 pm