Here are four things you can do before election day to be a more informed and involved voter:
1. Apply for an absent voter ballot.If you can't get to your polling place, you can still exercise your right to vote. Farmington Hills absentee voter applications are posted on-line, as are applications for Farmington absentee voters. If you want the ballot mailed, your application must be received by 2 p.m. the Saturday before the election.
2. Review a sample ballot.Ballots are posted on the City of Farmington Hills and City of Farmington websites. In the City of Farmington Hills, there are separate ballots for voters who live in Walled Lake, Farmington and Clarenceville school districts.
3. Learn about the candidates.Fortunately, voters have a plethora of information to help them get to know the people who want their votes:
- League of Women Voters Oakland Area Voter Guide (click the link for your community to access candidate responses)
- SWOCC Studios (Southwest Oakland Cable Commission) On Demand website (find candidate profiles and forums in each city's folder)
- Patch candidate interviews are posted on our Government and Elections pages
4. Learn about the Farmington Public Schools or Walled Lake Consolidated School District bond referendums.Both school districts have posted detailed information about their bond proposals: