Christmas In July Craft Show Brings the Joy of the Holiday Season to the 2014 Quake-On-The-Lake Inboard Hydroplane Summer Nationals
“ More than a dozen vendors will showcase their wares”
Waterford, MI. July 2, 2014---The calendar may read July, but there will be a touch of December at this year’s 15th Annual Quake-On-The Lake July 18-20. For the first time ever, in addition to inboard hydroplane racers setting their sights on world speed records and the large Grand Prix boats churning up the waters of Pontiac Lake, local crafters will be on hand to sell items of every kind to those looking for gifts for family and friends.
“We wanted to offer something different this year that would appeal to people who may not be particularly interested in the racing, and also to give race fans something to see and do between races,” said Mary Anne Wilson, Quake chairman. “Our hope is that this will be a very successful new attraction, and there is no reason to believe it won’t be.”
Crafters are from Waterford, White lake, Holly, Beverly Hills, Commerce Township, Clarkston, Davisburg and Clarkston. Here’s a rundown on the crafters and the merchandise they’ll be selling:
- Craft’s by Kurt’s Grandma featuring kids play tent; hot pads and snowmen
- Marge Hagerman and Janice Leidy offer baby Layettes; crocheted items; 5” dressed dolls and jewelry
- Nimble Art will have available home decor for all seasons; greeting cards; matted and/or framed photography
- Virginia Moffat’s booth will showcase hand knit children’s coats; sweaters; scarves and felt hand bags
- Then there’s Wirewear with its selection of handmade chainmaille jewelry and beaded elements
- Carol Forbes and Martha Wheeler will display hand-knitted and crocheted baby and toddler clothing; blankets; toys; doll accessories and clothing
- Bunny Barnes and Frank DePoole have selections ranging from Boho to Vintage; eclectic; bling jewelry; woodworking products; pens; stylists; bowls; boxes and other things
- Silver Loon will be there with Pure Michigan jewelry and Michigan Stone Jewelry
- Patricia Steele will have an array of quilted items
- Treasured Roses can make your day with a selection of handmade hairbands; hair clips; backpacks and hats
- Joanne Vincent will display wreaths; hats; scarves and mittens
Here is a sampling of what crafters will have on hand:
The Christmas in July Art Show runs from 10am-5pm only on Saturday July 19.
The important thing to remember is that net proceeds from Quake-On-The-Lake benefit the Rainbow Connection, a 501(c)3 charity founded by Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson in the early 1980’s that grants wishes to children with life-threatening and terminal illnesses. Over the years, the event has raised more than $100,000 for Rainbow and other charities.
Hours for Quake-On-The Lake are Friday, July 18 from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m.; Saturday, July 19 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ticket prices: adults--$10; kids(5-12)--$5 and children 4 years old and younger will be admitted free of charge.
Quake-On-The-Lake is located at the Pontiac Lake State Recreation Area at M-59 and Highland/Williams Lake Roads, at the end of the Oakland County International Airport runway.
Event sponsors include: Fox 2 News Detroit, DTE, Miller Lite, Corona, Corona Lite, Mikes Hard Lemonade, Molson Canadian, Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, Twisted Tea, Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA, Copa Wines, Towne Club, Faygo, Nestle, Great Lakes Chips, Gordon Food Service, Royce Richards, Suburban Ford of Waterford, Ferndale Electric, General RV, Republic Services/Allied Waste of Michigan, Alternative Automotive Technologies, Joe Lunghamer Chevrolet/Buick/GMC, Szott Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge, STI, Oakland County, White Lake Township, Waterford Township, Oakland County Parks and Recreation, The Oakland Press, Skiers Pier, Heather's Happy Hour, Quality Inn of Auburn Hills and Genisys Credit Union.
Visit our website at www.QuakeOntheLake.org for updates and additional information.
For media inquiries only contact Bob Dustman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 568-2925.