The effects of urban flight on communities like Farmington and Farmington Hills will be the topic of discussion after the showing of the documentary "The New Metropolis" Thursday, 7 p.m., at the Farmington Civic Theater.
Hosted by the Multicultural Multiracial Community Council, the event includes a panel discussion moderated by local radio show host Frankie Darcell. The two-part documentary illustrates how the economic and social health of communities around the country are affected by migration from center city neighborhoods to the suburbs.
- Vicki Barnett, State Representative, 37th District
- Steve Brock, City Manager, City of Farmington Hills
- Mary Engelman, Executive Director, Greater Farmington Area Chamber of Commerce
- Vince Gregory, State Senator, 14th District
- Dan Krichbaum, Director, Department of Civil Rights
- Jay Marks, School Quality Consultant, Oakland Schools
- Vince Pastue, City Manager, City of Farmington
Admission is free, and popcorn and pop are complimentary. Seating is limited; call 248-871-2500 to RSVP.
Learn more about "The New Metropolis" at thenewmetropolis.com