FUN FIRST FRIDAYS
October 5, November 2, December 7
Anyone In Michigan can participate.
began in April 2012 as a means to support the entrepreneurial spirit of people with disabilities in our community. People with disabilities are often not afforded equal employment opportunities and begin micro-enterprise businesses that sell hand crafted items including ceramics, paintings, jewelry, t-shirts and hats.
There are few affordable opportunities for these artisans to sell their creations to the community and those are generally provided by disability service provider agencies. This limits the goal of having a micro-enterprise provide a valued identity in the community at large. Fun First Fridays provides an inclusive community setting to showcase the abilities and self-determination of people with disabilities.
Fun First Fridays takes place the first Friday of every month at 27300 Wixom Road at the corner of Grand River Avenue. The event is indoors at a large retail store that does not allow us to advertise their company name.
We are seeking partners who share our commitment to support people with disabilities who can and want to become productive members of society.
We would like to any local companies that wants to demonstrate their support of people with disabilities to be self-determined entrepreneurs by listing our logo on your commercials and promotional materials, encouraging your clients to visit our event.
There is no charge for any companies to be a promotional partner of FUN FIRST FRIDAYS. We invite your company to be present and set up a display to promote your business and hand out coupons or brochures. Other ideas are certainly welcome.
Fun First Fridays will take place October 5, November 2, December 7. The event will be at indoors at 27300 Wixom Road at the southeast corner of Grand River Avenue.
Please contact us to discuss this further.
We need your support to make these events successful.
Please contact all local media including newspapers, television and radio stations and request them to mention these events in advance.
Fun First Friday
Some of the agencies we have contacted and invited include:
1.Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority
3. United Cerebral Palsy
4. Ourhouse Clubhouse
5. Community Network Services
6. Community Choices
7. JVS Detroit
8. JVS Southfield,
9. JVS West Bloomfield
11. New Center Community Mental Health Detroit
12. Northbrook Psychological Clinic Novi
13 Northland Clinic Southfield & Rochester Hills,
14. Northwest Counseling & Psychotherapy Center
15. Novi Psychiatry and Psychology
16. Oakland County Central Diagnostic and Referral
17. Oakland County Community Mental Health Pontiac
18. Wayne County Mental Health
19. Oakland Family Services Berkley, Walled Lake,
20. Oakland Psychological Clinic Livonia
21. Oakland Psychological Clinics Bloomfield Hills,
Southfield, Milford, Lake Orion
22. Operation Get Down Detroit
23. Perspectives Of Troy, Sterling Heightsw
24. Psychassets Birmingham
25. Psychological Institute Michigan Franklin
26. Psychotherapy & Counseling Services Northville
27. Quality Behavioral Health Detroit
28. Redford Counseling Center
29. Relationship Institute Royal Oak
30. Rochester Center Behavioral Medicine
31. Saint Joseph Mercy Behavioral Brighton
32. Judson Center Royal Oak
33. Samaritan Counseling Center Farmington Hills
34. Senica Farmington Hills
35. Teen Mental Health Services Detroit, Farmington Hills,
36. Turning Point Recovery Center Pontiac
37. University Psychiatric Centers Detroit, Livonia
38. Walter Reuther Psychiatric Hospital Westland
39. Community Mental Health Waterford
40. Visions Clubhouse Pontiac
41. A Place Of our Own Clubhouse Detroit
42. Clubhouse Inspirations Lapeer
43. Crossroads Clubhouse Monroe
44. Dreams Unlimited Clubhouse Royal Oak
45. Gathering Place Redford
46. Inner City Clubhouse Detroit
47. Motor City Clubhouse Detroit
48. Network Clubhouse Detroit
49. New Directions Clubhouse Detroit
50. Next Step Clubhouse Inkster,
51. Phoenix Friendship House Highland Park
52. Turning Point Lincoln Park
53. Michigan Department Community Health Lansing
There are thousands of people in Michigan with physical or mental disabilities. Many of these people are clients of one of the agencies listed. Each agency has many employees. Many of the clients and staff of these agencies will need services provided by sponsoring companies.
These people are very loyal to the companies that support the disability community. We are seeking corporate sponsors to help promote these events at no cost to your company. Your company will gain extensive goodwill and publicity for supporting Michigan’s people with disabilities.
This event has been listed in: Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Oakland Press, Novi News, C and G Newspapers and Novi Patch. In August the event was shown live on Fox 2 News.
Please contact any of the agencies listed above and tell them you want to participate in Fun First Fridays.
Please contact all media and tell them to promote:
Fun First Fridays
The only regular event supporting people with disabilities.