- In every article I've read about the Farmington Public Schools substitute teacher that is accused of sexual assault on a minor, Associate Superintendent Dave Ruhland is quoted as saying, “There's nothing remotely related in his file.” Why does that statement sound like one meant to “cover our butt”? It also makes me wonder if there is something that is related that's “not in his file.”
- I look forward to the new roundabout being planned for Orchard Lake and 14 Mile Roads. As it is, that area is a nightmare. Once people get used to them, it lessens congestion, improves traffic flow and certainly reduces fatalities. I know I'm most likely in the minority. I'm used to navigating them from the time I spent on the east coast years ago in an area they were quite common. Really, once you and everyone else gets used to them, they're great!
- Now that warmer weather is just around the corner, does anyone know of a downtown Farmington eating/drinking establishment with outdoor seating that is “dog friendly” ? I'd love to stop for a nosh and maybe an adult beverage on evening strolls with my dog.
- Although the opening of Ollie's Bargain Outlet in the former Farmer Jack location on Farmington Rd. and Nine Mile is looked upon as a negative by some in our community, I think stores like these may be one of the ways “brick and mortar” stores can compete with the internet in the new retailing era.
- Finally, a real gem from our community:
For the past nine years, Hope Lutheran Church on 12 Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills has put on a show featuring their youth performance group - “The Edge”. This year the group will perform “Marlie's Angels”, a fun musical about the challenges of a fictional youth group leader at a church in Toledo, Oh. Admission is free, open to the public and will be held Sunday April, 21 and Wednesday April,24th. Show times are 7:00 PM