Normally, we do a countdown of activities to help you plan your weekend adventures, but with holiday coming up, we thought we'd focus on everything New Year's this week.
So far, we have told you about:
Sometimes the holidays can be a little overwhelming, here are five local deals/ways to help you relieve some of that holiday stress.
- Relax and Renew at - The spa is offering a balanced beauty package where you will start with a whole body warm sugar scrub, followed by a warm shower and jacuzzi with champagne and snacks. The renewal will continue with a rejuvenating 85-minute hot stone coconut massage for a total of two-and-a-half hours of relaxation. Normally, these services would cost $233, but the whole package is just $160.
- Release Some Energy at or - At Planet Fitness, you can get the PR Black Card for a $39 annual fee and $19.99 per month for a 12-month contract. The card gives you unlimited guest privileges for al the equipment, unlimited tanning and use of massage chairs, plus unlimited fitness training. At , you can get a cardiovascular workout, tan, weight train or do group exercise classes for $39.99 per month with zero down. You don't have to sign a contract as your membership is month-to-month, and you can cancel with thirty days notice.
- Beat the Winter Blues by Swimming at - What better way to beat the winter blues then jumping in a heated pool? Forget about the cold weather outside, while getting some great exercise and having fun. Beginning Jan. 3, the offers open swim sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Each session costs $2.50. (Other times and days are available, flip through the program schedule at fhgov.com.)
- Play Some Video Games or Cozy Up with a Good Book - Release some of that holiday stress by having a friendly video game competition at home. You can rent the games from , purchase them from or , or check them out for free from either the or . While at the library, check out that favorite book you've been wanting to read. Cuddle up on your couch and enjoy some "me" time while becoming engrossed in the story.
- Give Yourself Something to Look Forward to - Farmington Hills Dept. of Special Services s offering a variety of courses beginning in January. You can sign up for something you've always wanted to try, take a fitness course or art class, or find yourself looking forward to one of their special upcoming events like the . They also offer weekly classes in swimming, ice skating, dancing and more. Special Services offers art classes that include painting, ceramics, photography and drawing, one-day workshops in or. Giving your self something to look forward to is guaranteed to make your day sunnier.