Did You Get New Electronics for Christmas? Here's What to Do with the Old Ones

You can take your old computers and other electronics to RRRASOC or wait for next year's household hazardous waste collection days.

If you received a new computer, TV, DVD player, cell phone or other electronic device for Christmas, don't just toss the old one into the trash. 

Farmington and Farmington Hills are part of the Resource Recovery and Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County (RRRASOC), so residents have a couple of options when it comes to getting rid of "e-waste": 

Recycle it at the RRRASOC Southfield location, through a program offered in conjunction with Vintage Tech Recyclers.

Call 877-544-9671 to arrange an "At Your Door" e-waste collection by Vintage Tech.

Store the items until the 2013 Household Hazardous Waste Collection days - Apr. 13, Wixom Department of Public Works; Apr. 20 and Oct. 19, RRRASOC's Southfield facility, 20000 W. Eight Mile; May 11, Oakland Community College Orchard Ridge Campus in Farmington Hills. An additional event will be held in Novi, on a date to be determined. 


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something