This year's Downtown Farmington Founders Festival entertainment line-up includes three main stage bands, world music, circus acts, dancers and magic.
The Walter E. Sundquist Farmington Pavilion at Grand River and Grove becomes an entertainment hub July 19-21, serving as the Bright House Main Stage with family-friendly acts from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., then as Walker's Tavern, offering music, beer and other adult beverages for adults 21 and older, and the Elks Club Ox Roast, from 5 p.m. on.
These Main Stage concerts are free:
- Uprizin Steel Drum Band - Friday, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
- Steve King & the Dittilies - Friday, 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Sound Proof - Saturday, 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- Universal Xpression - Saturday, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m.
There's a $5 cover charge for these Walker's Tavern concerts, held from 7 p.m.-11 p.m. all three nights:
Thursday - That 80’s Band's stage show includes a one-of-a-kind '80s classic video collection with restored digital audio, lasers, intelligent lighting and all your favorite hits performed with authentic '80s sounds and attire.
Friday - Fifty Amp Fuse, a live multimedia spectacular and international favorite, celebrates six decades of American and British pop/rock hits.
Saturday - Killer Flamingos, a band popular with local crowds, will perform an infectious blend of pop, rock and electronica.
The Meijer Family Stage, located in Riley Park, will host entertainment from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. These shows are all free:
- Magician and comedian Chris Linn - Friday, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Earth Angels dance troupe - Friday, 11 a.m. and Saturday, 12 p.m.
- The Merry Music Maker interactive musical program - Friday, 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- singing competition - Friday, 6 p.m.
- demo - Friday, 8:15 p.m.
- - Saturday, 1:30 p.m.
- Cirque Amongus circus acts and comedy - Saturday, 3:30 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
- Magician Gordon Russ - Saturday, 6 p.m.
To learn more about additional activities at the Founders Festival, go to FoundersFestival.com or call 248-473-7276. For more information on all of the events in downtown Farmington, visit DowntownFarmington.org or facebook.com/DowntownFarmington.