The Salvation Army has friends in the Farmington Area Moms Club, whose members and their children spent a total of four hours on Friday ringing bells and collecting donations at Busch's Fresh Food Market in Farmington Hills.
In all, 10 moms and 14 children made use of the Farmington Public Schools half-day off to help fill the Salvation Army's signature red kettle. Moms said the kids were excited about ringing the bell, and that the event provided an opportunity to remind them what they have that others don't, and how they can help others, even in a small way.
To volunteer for the Salvation Army Farmington Hills Community Corps Center, visit www.registertoring.com/salmich or call 248-477-1153 ext. 12. In person applications are accepted Monday-Friday,10 a.m.-noon and 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m., at 27500 Shiawassee Rd., Farmington Hills. To learn more about the Farmington Area Moms Club, write to email@example.com.
Be sure to listen to the rousing chorus of "Jingle Bells" that we recorded on Friday, then take a look at the events happening today, as well as later events for which you'll need to purchase tickets or register.
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- HealthQuest Helps HAVEN (all day)
- Universal Design Showroom Opens in Farmington Hills (10 a.m.)
- Farmington Rotary Lunch (11:45 a.m.)
- One Step Aweigh meetings (7 p.m.)
- Farmington Hills Parks and Recreation Commission Meeting (7:30 p.m.)
- Business Research: Feasibility to Expansion (Thursday)
- Veteran's History Project (Friday)
- Farmington Players Holiday Musical Comedy: "The 1940s Radio Hour" (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Gallery Readings - Mediumship (Saturday)
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa (Saturday)