UPDATE: At 3:30 p.m. Monday, Farmington DDA director Annette Knowles sent notice that tonight's board meeting has been cancelled. The meeting may be rescheduled, or the issue may be discussed at the board's Oct. 22 meeting.
Farmington Downtown Development Authority (DDA) board members meet today at 5 p.m. to talk about what to do with the former Dimitris restaurant property at Grand River and Warner. Officials have said they will entertain either an owner/operator opening a "destination restaurant" or a redevelopment proposal that fits with the downtown Master Plan.
Today's video features the Farmington Elks, a civic group that raises funds for youth scholarships, helps children with disabilities and supports programs for veterans, among other community activities. You may have met the Elks during the Founders Festival, the Farmington Farmers and Artisans Market annual corn roast or the American Cancer Society Relay for Life pancake breakfast.
Follow the links below to learn more about other events happening today, along with a list of events for which you'll need to register or buy tickets if you want to attend them later this week:
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Pumpkin Patch OPEN! (2 p.m.-8 p.m.)
- Farmington DDA meeting (5 p.m.)
- Farmington City Council study session (6 p.m.)
- Farmington City Council regular meeting (7 p.m.)
- Get Spooked at the Library with Motor City Ghost Hunters (7 p.m.)
- Healthy Fall Events: Botsford Hospital and Busch's Fresh Food Market Team Up (Tuesday)
- Model Photography Shoot (Wednesday)
- Adult Characteristics of Giftedness: Can you be Cured? (Thursday)
- The Dixie Swim Club at Farmington Players (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Hayride Central at Heritage Park (Friday - registration not required, but strongly recommended)
- Scout Days at the Nature Center (Saturday)
- Labyrinth Walk in Heritage Park (Sunday - registration not required, but recommended)