Less than four months after Farmington city council members let stand a ban on raising chickens, planning commission members will consider an ordinance allowing residents to raise horses.
At a 7 p.m. meeting today in council chambers, the commission will set a public hearing for the proposed ordinance. When officials discussed amending the city's animal ordinance in February, Patrick Thomas urged them to consider horses domesticated animals, rather than livestock.
Have you seen the spooky spider web pictured in today's "mystery photo"?
We'll be posting a story about an upcoming event later today that features the rest of the picture, but if you think you know where the web is, and why we're writing about it, tell us in the comments below.
For information about other events happening today, click on the links below. We've also included a list of events later this week for which you have to register or buy tickets.
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Farmington Hills City Council (6 p.m. study session, 7:30 p.m. regular meeting)
- Farmington Planning Commission (7 p.m.)
- Sinus Treatment Lecture at Botsford Hospital (Tuesday)
- Farmington Rotary Lunch (Tuesday)
- Breastfeeding Basics Class (Tuesday)
- Fall Outdoor Yoga in Heritage Park (Wednesday)
- Walking Photography (Wednesday)
- The Dixie Swim Club at Farmington Players (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Hayride Central at Heritage Park (Friday - registration not required, but strongly recommended)