A historian will talk with the Farmington Historical Society today at 7 p.m. about Michigan aircraft history, including the incindiery ballooon bomb that landed years ago in Farmington Township.
David Trojan will speak at the Heritage and History Center in Farmington Hills, which recently through a donation acquired today's historical photo. Apparently taken some time in the mid-1920s, the photo postcard features telephone operators who once worked on the second floor of the Farmington State Bank building, now called Village Mall, in the southeast corner of Farmington Road and Grand River.
Our calendar today is filled with events; follow the links below to learn more about them. We've also included a list of later events that require tickets or registration.
- Dubin Cleaners & Laundry Winter Warmth Campaign (all day)
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- Toastmasters International (9 a.m.)
- Second Reunion Concert (1 p.m.)
- Oktoberfest - Sanctuary at Marian Oakland! (2 p.m.)
- PUMPKIN PATCH (2 p.m.)
- Backpack Dinner (6 p.m.)
- Get Relief from Hip Pain: Lecture at Botsford Hospital (registration required - 6:30 p.m.)
- Rise of a Great Museum (6:30 p.m.)
- (6:30 p.m.)
- For Men: Everything You Need to Know About Prostate Cancer (registration required - 7 p.m.)
- Wednesday Night Sessions--A Monthly Reading Series (7 p.m.)
- Community for Spiritual Inquiry Meets (7 p.m.)
- Fall Night Hikes at Heritage Park (registration recommended, space is limited - 7:30 p.m.)
- Senior Adult Breakfast (Thursday)
- OCC Pre-Election Party and Dinner (Thursday)
- Healthy Fall Events: Botsford Hospital and Busch's Fresh Food Market Team Up (Thursday)
- The Dixie Swim Club at Farmington Players (Thursday-Sunday)
- "TRUNK or TREAT" a Fundraiser for John Paul Secondary School in Uganda (Friday)
- Pirates and Maidens Party (Friday)
Full Disclosure: Local editor Joni Hubred-Golden is married to Heritage and History Center director Brian Golden.