Harrison High School dancers didn't have much space to work with as they performed during Monday's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day celebration at the Farmington Community Library, and they used every inch.
Dancers performed three works during their 2 p.m. performance in the Main Library second floor auditorium, which previewed their Feb. 8 winter concert.
Director Toi Banks said in addition to guest choreographer Melissa Rector of The Koresh Dance Company in Philadelphia, dancers will perform works created by alumnae Tiffany Norris, a senior at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and Quatiece Salter, who is studying dance at Wayne State. The program will also include choreography by current students.
For more information, write to email@example.com.
Once you've taken a look at the video taken during their Monday performance, check out the list of today's events on our calendar, along with events for which you'll need to register for buy tickets later this week:
- Donate Shoes 4 BDF Cat Rescue Fundraiser (all day)
- Farmington Rotary Lunch (11:45 a.m.)
- Commission on Aging (5:30 p.m.)
- (6 p.m.)
- Relief for Sinus Sufferers (6:30 p.m.)
- Kindle e-reader class (7 p.m.)
- Should You Take a Lump-Sum Pension Buyout Offer? (7 p.m.)
- One Step Aweigh meetings (7 p.m.)
- Farmington Community Chorus 2013 Auditions (7:30 p.m.)
- Free Caregiver Training Offered in Farmington Hills (Wednesday)
- "Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins" (Thursday)
- Retirement – Ahhh the Golden Years (Thursday)
- Medicine Cabinet Makeover (Thursday)
- Enjoy Outdoors Inside at Inside Out (Friday)
- Harrison High School presents Guys and Dolls (Thursday-Sunday)
- Creating Mandalas as a Tool for Healing January 2013 Workshop (Sunday)
Check our calendar for more activities, classes and events happening today and throughout the week. If your event isn't listed, here's how to add it: How to Post an Event on Patch.
Correction: The dates for Harrison High's production of Guys and Dolls were incorrectly listed in the original version of this post.