Patch is here to make your life ridiculously easy, so as you sit down today and plan your week, here are three events you should know about in the Farmington-Farmington Hills area.
1. Farmington Rotary Queen of Hearts Raffle
- When: Thursday, March 28, 2013, 9:00 pm
- Where: John Cowley & Sons, 33338 Grand River Ave, Farmington
- What: Queen of Hearts Progressive Raffle. The Draw is held right after 9:00pm at John Cowleys Pub in Downtown Farmington. Come along and have some special fun, have a great meal and refreshments, support great causes and possibly win a very large cash prize! Tickets can be bought at the upstairs bar any time and from Farmington Rotary members at any time. You do not need to be present to win! Tickets only $1.
2. Trail Cleanup
- When: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 5:30 pm
- Where: 20401 Haggerty Rd, Northville
- What: It's time for spring cleaning on the I-275 Metro Trail. This year's first cleanup will be on the Farmington Hills section of the trail north of 8 Mile. We'll primarily be working on picking up the trash that has accumulated over the winter, so bring a pair of work gloves and a broom.
3. Botsford's Workshop Offers Diet Tips to Manage Chronic Disease
- When: Monday, March 25, 2013, 5:30 pm
- Where: Botsford Hospital's Diabetes & Nutrition Department, 28100 Grand River Ave, Farmington Hills
- What: An unhealthy diet can contribute to or aggravate many chronic diseases and conditions, including type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and stroke. Let Botsford Hospital's Nutrition & Diabetes Department help you gain control over your life and make healthy lifestyle decisions. This interactive workshop offers many tips and guidelines. Held in the Diabetes & Nutrition classroom, Suite 301, Professional Center South, 28100 Grand River Avenue, Farmington Hills, on Botsford Hospital's campus. Monday, March 25, 2013, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Cost: $10. Call (248) 477-6100 to register.