Remember when we were talking about how low gas prices were in December? Well, those days are over.
According to the AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report, the price for a gallon of regular gas in metro Detroit has jumped by more than 39 cents since the beginning of January. The trend reflects record-setting increases nation-wide, AAA Federal Relations Manager Avery Ash writes:
"The 17-cent increase since last Monday is the most dramatic one-week spike in nearly two years and the twentieth largest weekly increase of the 21st century."
Find low Farmington-area gas prices on our Commute page. And please share where you're finding low prices with a comment on this story.
Then, take a look at the big events on our calendar today, as well as those for which you'll need to register or buy tickets later in the week:
- Toastmasters International (9 a.m.)
- Farmington Musicale Celebrates Valentine's Day (1 p.m.)
- Astronomy Workshop for Adults at the Nature Center (Thursday)
- Metro Jazz Voices Bring Romance to Farmington Players Barn (Friday)
- Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (Saturday & Sunday)
- Red Carpet Event sponsored by Farmington Friends of the Library (Sunday)
Check our calendar for more activities, classes and events happening today and throughout the week. If your event isn't listed, here's how to add it: How to Post an Event on Patch.