A home in the 22000 block of Clear Lake in Farmington Hills suffered heavy damage as the result of a Sunday afternoon fire.
According to Farmington Hills Fire Dept. Lieutenant Larry Gauthier, 23 firefighters responded to the call of smoke coming from the home, which came in shortly after 3 p.m. The homeowner was standing outside, Gauthier said, and no injuries were reported.
Investigators determined the cause of the fire was an unattended candle. There was fire and smoke damage throughout the house, Gauthier said.
The photo with this article was submitted by reader Scott Winder. If you get a photo of news happening in your neighborhood, contact editor Joni Hubred-Golden, firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-534-2425.