1. Voter turnout was below 20 percent in eight precincts.The Voter Participation Committee may have some work to do in Farmington Hills precincts 11, 15, 17, 20, 21, 25, 26 and West Bloomfield precinct 9, which were all under 20 percent. Lowest turnout: precincts 15 and 17, 12.83 percent.
2. Only five precincts had a turnout of 30-40 percent.Pat yourselves on the back, Farmington precincts 1, 2 and 5, and Farmington Hills precincts 3 and 14. Top of the list: Farmington Precinct 1, at more than 37 percent.
3. Absent voters decided this election.If the millage had been left to voters at the precincts, it would have passed, by a more than 350-vote margin (4,469-4,110).
4. More than half of those who voted no cast absentee ballots.By contrast, about 37 percent of yes votes came in on absent voter ballots.
5. The bond failed in all but six precincts.Folks in Farmington Hills precincts 1, 2, 3, 9, 10 and 25 favored the bond, mostly by small margins. Those in Farmington Hills precinct 20 were the most evenly divided; the bond failed there by just three votes.
What interesting facts have you discovered while digging into the numbers? Tell us with a comment.