On Jan. 28, the City of Farmington Hills held its 37th Annual Recognition Awards Ceremony to honor outstanding employees for 2012. The event provides a forum for the City to show appreciation to dedicated employees who put forth special effort and uphold the tradition of excellent service to the community.
The outstanding employees were nominated by co-workers who considered the following criteria: outstanding job performance, service to the public, rapport with co-workers, and positive contributions to their department and the City.
Those recognized included:
Employee of the Year:
- Amira Fulton, Administrative Secretary, Fire Department
- Leslie Amato, Dispatch Supervisor, Police Department
- Ashlie Simons, Nature Center Supervisor, Special Services Department
- Bill Wright, Parks Maintenance Supervisor, Special Services Department
Police Officer of the Year:
- Sgt. James Knittel
Fire Fighter of the Year:
- Inspector/EMS Coordinator Enrique Alonzo
In addition, recognition was given to Susan Hatch, Police Department Secretary, for receiving the 2012 IDEAS (Innovation Drives Excellence and Savings) Award, and also to the 68 employees who celebrated significant service anniversaries ranging from five to 35 years with the City of Farmington Hills.
Source: City of Farmington Hills press release