Democratic Caucus sites will be open from 9am to Noon on May 5, 2012 across the State of Michigan.
The Farmington/ Farmington Hills Democratic Club is hosting two of the sites: one in Farmington in the Farmington City Council chambers, the other, Farmington Hills in the Farmington Hills City Council chambers.
- Both Caucus Sites will be open from 9am until Noon.
- Registration will take place from 9am to just before 11am.
- Only people who have shown proof that they reside in the appropriate district; at an address they can verify with ID or a utility bill, etc. will be eligible to vote either as a Democrat for Barack Obama or as Uncommitted.
- Voting will start no later than 11:05am.
- Voting will be by show of hands by people who have been registered.
You do not have to be ALREADY registered to vote to participate; you just have to be ABLE to register to vote in time for the November election. That means as long as you would be 18 by October 9, 2012, and demonstrate you are at the appropriate caucus site, you can participate in the caucus.
Refreshments will be served during the caucus. There will be opportunities to hear from candidates, volunteer to help on various campaigns, hear candidates' positions, watch videos, and, of course, talk politics.
Other Michigan residents can find their Democratic Caucus site at michigandems.com/caucus.