The Farmington Area Suicide Prevention Task Force will host a Community Conversation focusing on Suicide Prevention in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) youth.
Featured speakers at the Community Conversation will include:
- Naomi Khalil – Director, Instructional Equity, Farmington Public Schools
- Frances Brown, PsyD – Director of Clinical Training, Michigan School of Professional Psychology
- Mike Neubecker – Founder, Downriver Chapter of PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- Dave Garcia – Executive Director, Affirmations
- Youth representatives – Gay/Straight Alliance
The event is targeted at parents, youth (ages 12 to 18), teachers, the faith community, service club members, and others who have regular contact with young people.