This recipe makes a great breakfast and is one of my favorite healthy in between meal snacks. It's also a great use of leftover carrot pulp from juicing.
- 2/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of honey or agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1 /2 cups of carrot pulp
- 1/2 cup all natural applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1-1 /2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the oil and honey or agave together as well as you can, then add the eggs and mix again. Mix the carrot pulp and applesauce together and add to the remaining wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the raisins, nuts and coconut.
Using a large cookies scoop, drop batter into greased baking cups or paper lined baking cups. Bake for 30 minutes.
See my complete Culinary Collage recipe blog.