Farmington Community Library, Farmington Branch
Built in 1975 and remodeled in 1999, this Farmington Community Library branch provides Farmington residents a convenient location to access library services. The 18,000-square-foot facility features a comfortable reading area with a fireplace, computer stations, Quiet Room, fiction and non-fiction collections.
The children's room on the lower level provides a wide variety of learning experiences, as well as quiet reading spaces in a tree house donated by the Jaycees Auxiliary. An on-going book sale display near the circulation desk helps raise funds through Friends of the Library.
- Hours: Mon - Thur, 9am - 9pm; Fri, Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, 1pm - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped accessible entrances and parking, elevator access to lower level
- Founding Date: 1975
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Size of collection: 272,446
- Specialties: Children's section with life-size replica tree and tree house reading area
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: Timed sessions, valid library card required
- Programs/classes: The library offers a variety of programs for all ages. Information is available on the website.
- Book donation information: Book donations may be delivered to the circulation desk.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: Yes