Mercy High School
Originally established in Detroit by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy High School has a decades-long tradition of providing an exemplary education for young women in grades 9 through 12. Located on beautiful 25-acre campus, the school offers a college preparatory curriculum for girls from a wide cross-section of communities in the metro Detroit area. Students come from a variety of faith, cultural, economic and ethnic backgrounds. In addition to academic offerings, the school's Pastoral Ministry Department organizes community service projects, retreats, prayer services and other spiritual offerings. The school community embraces five values held by the Sisters of Mercy Community of Detroit: Service, Justice, Mercy, Human Dignity and Option for the Poor. Mercy offers 23 scholarships and tuition assistance.
- Fax: 248-476-3691
- Hours: Varies according to time of year and class schedule
- Handicap Accessible: There are handicapped accessible parking spaces and entrances.
- Founding Date: 1945
- Number of students: 742
- Male-to-female ratio: All female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Graduation rate (%): 99
- Accreditation/licenses: Exemplary Private High School, United States Department of Education North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 89
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Mercy High students are engaged with their community through service projects.
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Boarding: No
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: American History and European History, American Government and Politics, Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Extracurricular activities available: Club sports-bowling, equestrian, figure skating, ice hockey; International Thespian Society; M-HUB Project; Model United Nations; Student Government; Human Relations Council; Newsprint student newspaper
- Student clubs: French club, French Honor Society, GREEN, Just Peace, Latin Club, Mercy Works, National Honor Society, Pastoral Team, Pro-Life Club, Science Club, Spanish Honor Society, Technology Club, Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Sports teams: Mercy Marlins basketball, cross country, field hockey, golf, lacrosse, pompon, skiing, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track, volleyball