North Farmington High School
Named one of Newsweek magazine's best high schools in America for seven years running, North Farmington High School serves students in grades 9-12 on the northwest/north central side of the district. Founded in 1961, the school is celebrating its Golden Anniversary in 2011. The school meets Annual Yearly Progress standards established by the federal No Child Left Behind program and received an "A" composite grade on its State of Michigan report card. North students excel academically, and Raiders sports teams are often seen in championship-level competition. In addition, the school has a strong performing arts program and a television studio from which students broadcast original programming.
In March of 2011, the school building was named The Richard B. Jones Academic Center.
- Fax: 248-855-2060
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped accessible parking and entrance
- Founding Date: September 7, 1961
- Number of students: 1,378
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 81
- How engaged is the school with the community?: According to the school's 2009-2010 annual report, "NFHS raised thousands of dollars for charities" and "Seniors in the Class of 2010 performed more than 10,000 hours of service during their North Farmington careers."
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Library, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Advanced placement math, science, economics and other courses are available. Qualified students may also enroll in the Oakland Community College Tech Prep program.
- Extracurricular activities available: Debate, Forensics, Hip Hop Dance, Instrumental Music, Model United Nations, Student Newspaper, Yearbook, Student Senate, Robotics Team and more
- Student clubs: Art Club, Auto Tech, Chick Lit Book Club, DECA, Fashion Club, Film Club, Guitar Club, Humanitarian Club, Knit Wits Knitting Club, Ping Pong Club, SADD Math Club and more
- Sports teams: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming/Diving, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Wrestling