Tuesday, March 19, 2013
The Livonia location suffered massive damage Tuesday afternoon.
The Ram's Horn restaurant in Livonia is a complete loss after a fire destroyed the building Tuesday afternoon, according to media reports. Nobody was injured. The restaurant, located at 20385 Middlebelt Road south of Eight Mile Road near Farmington, caught fire around noon, according to the Detroit Free Press. According to Fox News, the fire appears to have started in the kitchen. Michael Anuszkiesicz, a cook at the Ram's Horn, was first to notice something was wrong. "I looked over and noticed the fryer started flaming so I told the manager to get everybody out of the restaurant," he told Fox News. Patrons who were having lunch at the restaurant were evacuated and everybody got out safely, according to media reports. "If it is a total …
Friday, December 7, 2012
Commercial building on Orchard Lake Road accidentally caught fire Friday afternoon.
No injuries and minimal damage were the result of an accidental commercial building fire Friday afternoon, according to Farmington Hills Fire Department Sgt. Larry Gauthier. The building on Orchard Lake Road in between 12 and 13 Mile Roads suffered an equipment malfunction, but the ensuing fire was confined to the rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit thanks in part to a quick response time, Gauthier said. There will be no follow-up investigation concerning the fire, he added.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
One firefighter is treated for heat exhaustion while battling the blaze, which was discovered by passersby at around 7:19 p.m. today.
Farmington Public Safety (FPS) officers and Oakland County investigators are on the scene of a fire that damaged the front office at LG's Quality Auto Care on Nine Mile and Farmington Roads tonight. FPS Commander Justin DuLong said one officer was treated for heat exhaustion, but otherwise, there were no injuries. The temperature soared into the 90s today and at around 9:30 p.m. was still in the upper-80s. DuLong said multiple 911 calls came in to the department at around 7:19 p.m., after passersby spotted heavy smoke in the area. Officers found heavy smoke showing in the front office area of the building. The alarm company had notified a keyholder, who arrived and let firefighters inside, where they extinguished the fire, DuLong said. …
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Around 5:30 a.m., residents say, a motorist honked his horn and alerted them to a blaze that damaged units in two buildings.
UPDATE: An off-duty Southfield firefighter on his way to work is credited with alerting Farmington Hills firefighters and residents at Freedom Village apartments to an early morning fire that damaged two buildings. Units from Farmington and Farmington Hills responded to the complex, which is located on Freedom Rd. west of Orchard Lake. Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Bersche said the fire began on a balcony outside one of the apartments, but no cause has been determined. "They're still sifting through all that," he said. "There was significant fire damage to five apartments, and another eight are water-damaged." The Southfield firefighter yelled and honked his truck horn, rousing everyone at around 5:30 a.m., residents said. All but one of 24 …